Monday 8 February 2010

[ Storm ]




When I said on the previous post that this would be a day to remember, I guess I should have been more specific...

These photos were taken this morning, capturing a storm coming in and hitting the mouth of river Douro, with waves clashing against the mole and rising in an explosion of water. It's also amazing how quickly a storm can move from the ocean, through a city, and into your heart, turning a day that started with excitement, in one that ended in grief.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose.", said Antoine Saint-Exupéry in The Little Prince, and it's funny that only yesterday I had remembered these very same words. These are words I live by, in friendship and in love. No one knows the future, but I do know that my future is what I make of it,  and I may not know where I'm going, but I do know what I want.

2 comments:

  1. "We know the truth, not only by the reason, but also by the heart."
    Blaise Pascal

    HTeP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that your excitement turned to grief. I believe that everything happens for a reason. It's not always easy or plesant, but finding that reason can be quite an unforgettable adventure. You chose the perfect quote for your blog... Hang on to those words. "In the midst of darkness, light persists"...

    ReplyDelete