Tuesday 23 February 2010

[ Soul mates ]



This weekend was an emotional one. It's so hard to live your live the way your heart tells you to, to stand up for what you believe in, to realize that your "head is bloody, but unbowed"... It's hard never to walk away from a fight, never turning your back, but it's just the way I am.

On my way back from Viana do Castelo, I stopped near the Castelo do Queijo, for a walk, to see the ocean clashing on to the rocks, to get a glimpse of the Moon peaking between the clouds, and then I saw this... These are the ruins of the old CLIP (Luso-Internacional College of Porto), half buried in the sand, beat down with graffiti's, but still standing, still proud, the light still shining upon it... The words sounded in my head "I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul", and more than that, I know my soul is not alone...

I had already described before what I feel about soul mates, but this one looks like it was tailor made for me and for "Light Persists":

  "From every human being rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being..."

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment