Wednesday 6 January 2010

[ Light Persists ]




   In the midst of darkness, light persists.
   In the midst of untruth, truth persists.
   In the midst of death, life persists.
   Mahatma Gandhi

After a rough start in the New Year, with all the emotional turmoil brought from remembering what I saw in Poland, it's time for a little break from the serious stuff, and to give an explanation I promised earlier.

The lighthouse photo was taken last July when we went for a drink with a friend in Leça da Palmeira, long before I even imagined the name for my blog. I came up with Light Persists last November 16th (yes, the date of my first post), while taking a break from organizing my laptop (and my life) spent gathering some quotations on the web that might help me make a bit more sense of life and recent events.

This quotation from the great Gandhi stroked me like a lightning, and what better name for a photo blog? Light Persists, as a photo, as an image, as a reminder that, even in the darkest of times, even in the worst possible storm, a lighthouse will appear.

This is the year when it all happens, when it all changes, when Light will truly Persist.

No comments:

Post a Comment